WHAT IS IT?
Lews Pro Ti SLP Baitcaster Reel
WHAT SETS IT APART?
The Lew’s Pro Ti baitcast reel certainly has the cosmetics worthy of a flagship model. It features a titanium deposition finish giving the reel a liquid metal type appearance. The reel’s purple highlights evoke a historical aura of prestige. Perhaps the most surprising aspect of this reel was its weight. At only 6.4 ounces, It’s hard to believe the Lews Pro Ti Baitcast Reel is made with an aluminum frame and sideplates.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Unlike the magnetic braking system, the Lews Pro Ti Pro baitcast reel is equipped with a more sophisticated 6 pin, 27-point adjustable centrifugal brake system Lews refers to as ACB (adjustable centrifugal brake system). The Pro Ti SLP features an aluminum alloy main gear cut on a Hamai CNC machine. This provides very smooth performance and that aluminum frame together with the aluminum sideplates provides a solid platform within which the reel’s guts can safely, and securely operate free from flex and other mitigating factors. Its drag system offers up to 20 pounds of pressure consisting of a traditional mix of carbon and metal washers that deliver smooth and consistent performance.
VIEW ON AMAZON:
Lews Pro Ti Baitcast Reel on Amazon
WATCH VIDEO REVIEW:
The reel is small and light but feels strong in your hand. There are so many features in the reel, but ultimately the test is how it fishes. It handles throwing jerkbaits against the wind well and can handle the torque of a mid-sized swimbait equally well. Knowing just how adjustable the reel is and how well it handles line management and smoothness in operation is a plus. Built on the exclusive SLP Super Low Profile platform, which is Lew’s lowest profile design. The Pro-Ti, with an aluminum frame and titanium deposition finish, ensures that you will never again have to sacrifice strength for style.
- 11 Bearing System with stainless steel double-shielded ball bearings, includes 2 Japanese high speed-spool bearings
- Zero Reverse® one-way clutch bearing
- One-piece aluminum frame
- Aluminum sideplates
- Aircraft-grade double anodized Duralumin drilled and chamfered U-shape 32mm spool
- QuietCast® externally Adjustable Centrifugal Brake system
- Hard anodized aluminum alloy Speed Gears®, precision cut on Hamai CNC machines
- 95mm bowed carbon fiber handle with Winn® Dri-Tac knobs
- Titanium-coated zirconia line guide
- Carbon fiber drag system
- Patented Speed Dial® line indicator allows for easy identification of line type and pound test
- Patented retractable Speed Keeper® hook keeper allows you to secure lures and Texas rigged baits without scratching your reel
- External lube port
- Speed Lube® for exceptional smoothness and performance in all weather conditions